If you are asked to provide information, it will only be used in ways stated in this policy.
Why do I collect data from you?
I gather and use certain information about you in order to:
- respond to your requests for information (e.g. my availability or a quote for editorial services)
- allow you to register for a special offer
- allow me to contact you while an editing project is ongoing
- enable certain functions on this website
- better understand how visitors use this website
What information do I collect from you?
I may collect the following minimal information:
- contact postal address
- email address
- information pertinent to your enquiry (e.g. word count, nature of the project, whether you’re an author or an editor)
How do I use this data?
The data I collect is used as follows:
- For my internal accounting processes (e.g. so I can invoice you) and so that I am compliant with my tax authority (HMRC) should it request an audit.
- To contact you in response to your enquiry, order, quote, special offer or booking.
- To record your agreement to the terms and conditions of my editorial services.
I will never use this data for marketing or promotion purposes without getting your permission in writing first (for example, to publish your testimonial for me on my website), or unless you have signed up to be notified about a specific offer.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables my website to identify your computer as you view different pages on my website.
- Google Analytics
Cookies do not provide me with access to your computer or any information about you other than that which you elect to share with me.
- To learn more about cookies, visit All About Cookies.
- To read Google’s privacy statement and how after 25 May 2020, you can request that I remove your information from my analytic data, see Google’s data privacy policies and approach and its data processing terms.
How do I collect your personal data?
I collect and store minimal information via the following forms:
- Contact form (via LeadConnector )
- Email (via Microsoft)
I will never lease, distribute or sell your information to third parties unless you give me written permission to do so or I am required to do so by law.
You can ask me to remove your data from LeadConnector or Microsoft anytime. Please note that if your information is being held to enable access to content that you’ve purchased from me (e.g. courses/books), the removal of your data will remove your access.
How do I store your personal data?
The minimal information I collect is stored on the following data servers:
How long do I keep your data for?
Because many of my customers and clients work with me more than once, I do not delete data unless specifically requested to do so.
- HMRC requires me to keep records for ‘at least 5 years after the 31 January submission deadline of the relevant tax year’. See ‘How long to keep your records‘.
- Please ask if you want me to delete or amend your records. As long as I’m complying with HMRC’s legal requirements, I’ll action your request immediately.
With whom is your data shared?
No one, unless you request that we do so in writing or HMRC elects to audit Brockway Gatehouse.
If you have any questions or requests for modification or removal of your data, you are welcome to email me at email@example.com